Today’s Advertising Technology to Reach Your Ideal Customer
NEW RELEASE (May 2021): Dogboy’s Dog Ranch “COVID Recovery” Advertising Case Study
Geotargeting for Pet Care Services
What if you, as a pet care services business, could do the following?
- Target only pet owners in specific locations.
- Target prospective new customers when they are in specific locations relevant to your business offering. These locations would include pet care services (e.g., boarding, daycare, grooming, training, veterinary clinic, dog parks) – including your competitor’s facility.
- Deliver ads on pet owners’ smartphones, including their other connected devices.
- Retarget these prospective new customers long-term, well after they’ve left the targeted area.
- Capture all the data and know in detail those targeted areas producing the most leads and new customers.
That’s what geotargeting does.
The key objectives of a geotargeting digital ad campaign include:
- Generating interest among your ideal customer prospects – pet owners.
- Building brand awareness (getting your business name out there).
- Driving website traffic and telling your story (who you are, your culture).
- Acquiring new customers (call you, come in for a tour, book a reservation).
These objectives are achieved by increasing not only the number of people who see your banner ad (called impressions) but also the conversions (on the same budget) – the number of people who take some form of action toward becoming a customer.
An Effective and Affordable Strategy to Attract New Pet Owner Customers
Geotargeting mobile display advertising is a dynamic, results-based lead generation strategy for growing a pet care services business. It can produce fast and sustainable results through close campaign management. Today, geotargeting is finally affordable for small businesses to reach only highly qualified prospects like that pet owner with a mobile phone at the dog park.
Snapshot of How a Geotargeting Campaign Works
Consumers spend hours every day on their smartphones using various apps and websites (content providers) to access information. Geotargeted ads are placed within these apps and websites to reach the targeted audience.
Below is an illustration of a pet services “geotargeting data set” profile.
- Advertiser identifies select targets.
- Technology tools capture audience data (e.g., number of pet owners who frequent these select locations).
- The database is created and presented display ads to only pet owners.
Pet Care Services Campaign Ads – Examples